What causes extra-systoles?

hello , 5 days a ago i had something , and now it got back today , all i feel is like a 1 heartbeat that put pressure on my breath and stomach ... and I feel it is center-aligned at the top of the stomach , only 1 time , maybe it repeats 2 times a day ... when i feel my plus i think its not fast or something but z, is that something i should worry about ? is it like gas or something
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Further cardiac tests recommended... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical history and what you feel as extra heart beat might be extra-systoles. I suggest to do : - EKG - Holter monitoring - cardiac echo - Stress test to evaluate the heart condition. If everything is ok, then, there is nothing to be worried about. I also advise : - not to drink coffee, carbonated drinks, energetic drinks - have regular meals, do not skip - avoid alcohol - avoid oily/spicy, chilly foods Hope it was of help! Dr.Benard