What causes excessive sweating on face and head?

I have Wegeners Granulomatosis, diagnosed 6 years ago and was on great amounts of Prednisolone and Imuran for 2 years. It is now in remission and I take only 3mg Prednisolone and 50mg Imuran. Could this be causing excessive sweating on face and head and an inability to deal with heat? Also my hair falls out a little more each year, but maybe that's because I am now 66.
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: no Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today. I am happy that you are now in remission. Excessive sweating on face and head and an inability to deal with heat -- may be a part of mild disease activity or non specific. Hair falls may be a side effect of imuran or may be age related. But I advice you to go for thyroid function test as above symptoms may be due to thyroid disease Hope this helps and provides answers to your question. If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to ask me again I wish you good health, take care --Dr. Alok