What causes excessive mucus built up in throat with tingling feelings in arms and chest?

ENT Specialist
Question
Hello I have had a lot of mucus built up in my throat and a lump that comes and goes I'm also getting tingling feelings in my arms and chest. My nose has not stopped running in a week and my left nostril is totally blocked. There is also a gurgling noise in my throat. And a tingle on the left side of my throat where my pulse is half way between jaw and collar bone just beside Adam's XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Steam, gargles and anti allergics Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. You seem to have upper respiratory tract infection. Inflammation of the mucosa lined tracts of the body leads to excessive secretions from the mucosal lining. The mucus build up in throat and running nose is because of that so is the gurgling noise. Tingling sensation can be because of irritation in the throat. All these symptoms can be because of allergy also. Please take steam and do saline gargles. Use of anti allergics will help in decreasing secretions and irritation also. If symptoms do not improve or fever starts, please consult an ENT. Feel free to ask another query. Regards

Follow-up: What causes excessive mucus built up in throat with tingling feelings in arms and chest? 1 hour later
Thank you.. Ive been taking tablets for acid reflux as well is it possible that reflux can cause dull ache in the shoulders and chest?

Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Can be a cause of dull chest ache Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. Reflux can be cause of dull chest ache especially the central chest but shoulder pain can unlikely be because of reflux. Otherwise there are multiple causes of chest pain which need to be evaluated. Feel free to ask another query. Regards