What causes excessive and heavy snoring?

Excellent

ENT Specialist
Question
my brother aged 30 years had a severe snoring problem.Its severe when he sleeps on his back.Not sure since when he is snoring.
Is there any device to help him breathe through his nose and avoid snoring.
Posted Wed, 11 Jan 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Deepashree 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
OSA syndrome. CPAP machine.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for your query.

In my opinion, your brother is having obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. This snoring will be because of any type of obstruction in the airway may be nose and throat.....This needs clinical evaluation and treatment.

Sleep study and dynamic Cephalometry is the investigation required. There is no empirical medicines for this. CPAP machine is the ultimate treatment option. But this needs specialist consultation. Hence I'd suggest you to consult with the doctor (chest physician/pulmonologist) and get evaluated.

Hope my answers have helped you.
Thanks.