What causes eustachian tube dysfuction (ETD) due to the rhinosinusitis and what is the remedy?

ENT Specialist
I have sever cold, cough and my left ear is completely blocked i feel as i have some cotton in my left ear. I am also having cough but when i cough i get some tick yellowish. substance.. My when i get up in the morning my nse is blocked and i have difficulty in blowing my nose. Please suggest what to do to cleat it
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Left ETD due to the rhinosinusit Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your query. It suggests that you may be suffered from the left eustachian tube dysfuction (ETD) due to the rhinosinusitis. For your kind information about the ---> 1. Eustachian tube dysfunction means Eustachian tube blockage so that air cannot get into the middle ear. Therefore, the air pressure on the outer side of the eardrum more than the air pressure in the middle ear. This pushes the eardrum inward. 2. It is a temporary problem that lasts about 7 days and most commonly occurs during and after a cold. 3. Treatment for this mainly local and systemic nasal decongestant, antihistamines, or a steroid nasal spray, this also relieves your nasal blockage. 4. Steam inhalation with karvol plus also improves the both conditions. 5. Chew gum containing xylitol also improve it. Better to consult the ENT specialist for better diagnosis and management. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.