What causes elevated WBC counts and elevated levels in homocysteine test?

Radiologist, Nuclear Medicine
My white blood count is 11.2, Homocysteine Tot is 15.7, Neut Abs Auto is 8.2, D-Dimer is: ,200, sodium levle is 135, Potasium Level is 3.0, chloride is 96, drvvt is 46.3,drvvt mis 1:1,, 41.2, drvvt confirm ratio is 1:16. Those are all blood levels that are either elevated low or high. What does that mean. I have a fast pulse if I do anything and I sweat, chest pain on right, right swollen foot and leg on on the right. Pain in right side, nausiated. My doctor thought it was my heart and I had an angigram and I have a heart of a 25 year old. I am a 53 year old women. I also get a internal rash through out the day on my chest, and down my arms and on my upper back no bumps and it is hot to touch and then it goes a way. I had a CT scan done and it showed mild atelectasis in the lung bases. 6mm nodule in the right lung along the right minor fissure, likely represents a non calcified granuloma, small calcified granuloma scatter througout both lungs. calcified and noncalcified mediastinal and hilar lymph nodes. Calcified granulomas in the spleen. My doctor is sending me to a specialist but each day I feel worse can you help me.
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manoranjan Chowhan 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Reply Detailed Answer: As I go through your blood tests it shows: Elevated WBC counts and the same may be due to some infective etiology some where in body. Your doctor can run other test if needed to identify the infection. Besides this your Homocysteine test also shows elevated level. Though it does not prove its relation with heart disease still elevated or higher value may mean you have propensity for heart disease or other like dementia besides stroke. That being said, this can be brought in control range if you consume Folic acid (part of vitamin B Complex). Among other tests your drwt is also slight on higher side; that indicates increased vulnerability of blood clotting. As your Angio is normal, not to worry about heart disease. However at any time if you encounter complain of chest pain or discomfort you need to consult Specialist Doctor. CT scan shows mild atelectasis, besides multiple granuloma scatter through out with calcified and noncalcified hilar lymphonodes and a small 6mm nodule in Rt Lung. I am not concerned about this nodule however I would keep you under observation in case it shows further increase in its size. Observation and monitoring can be done by annual CT of Chest. As you are suggested to meet a specialist you can, but need not feel alarmed. Hope you got your answers. with thanks Dr Chowhan