What causes elevated TSH level during pregnancy?

Hi I'm 7 weeks pregnant and my t4 was normal and my tsh was 11.8 just got put on Meds. Wondering because I am on medication now is it possible for me to have a healthy child and pregnancy?
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hyopthyroidism require Thyroxine hormone. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing Healthcaremagic. Considering your high TSH level you might be suffering from Hypothyroidism. You might require Thyroxine hormone supplementation. This is given for the healthy growth of the baby. If you are already on this hormone supplementation you need to continue this medication without missing any pills. Usually thyroid function test is repeated to titrate the dose of thyroxine. If the medicine is taken properly then most of the pregnancies will continue without any problem. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!