What causes ectopic lymph tissue?

Hi there I am a 26 year female that does not have any serious health conditions. I do have occasional acid reflux at times and have take a PPI in the past for that. The last couple of weeks I have felt "off". My throat isn't sore but has felt irritated and I have had some nasal congestion with a little post nasal drip. I feel fatigued on most days. I noticed a spot on my uvula the other day and posted a picture here and the doctor thought it may be ectopic lymph tissue. What kind of infection or virus could this be related to? I will post the picture again so you can see what I'm talking about.26 .have no hoarsness in my voice just to add
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possibility of Mucous retention cyst Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Ms The lesion is likely to be mucous retention cyst. There is erythema and congestion of overlying mucosa and also the posterior pharyngeal wall, which could possibly be due to acid reflux and post nasal drip. Mucous retention cyst is due to accumulation of mucosal secretion within the epithelial lining, due to blockage in excretion which is more common in chronic irritation like acid in your case. Its a benign non infective lesion. There is no cause for concern. I would suggest you to consult ENT surgeon for reassessment and reassurance. In case you need any further assistance,will be glad to assist you. Take Care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS,MD