What causes early periods and infertility?

Mar 2016

Hi,iam married girl and as my periods were not regular & I want to get pregnent so I had started taking ginette35,as my pack finished I got my period after 5 days on 13dec but again on 25 dec again I got periods,now today on 8 XXXXXXX again I got worried is everyhing before I have never experience these early periods usually I used to get periods in 30to 40days interval.please suggest what to do...
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra -9 hours later
Brief Answer: FOLLOW GUIDELINE. CONSULT WITH GYNECOLOGIST. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us on Health Care Magic. According to given history, your irregular period or early bleeding is mostly due to hormonal imbalance, caused by taking Pills. If you are first time pill user, then it is quite common for first 1 to 2 cycles until your body gets adjusted with external hormone. Other causes could be mental stress or emotional upset, Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease, over weight or rapid loss, pelvic infection, anemia, irregular diet habit etc. Here, I suggest to undergo relevant investigations like one pelvic ultrasound scan, hormone test, thyroid profile, LH/FSH, blood Hb% etc to pinpoint the diagnosis and rule out underling pathology if any. You can consult with GYNECOLOGIST for proper guidance and complete prescription. For successful conception, both of you need to follow these suggestions: 1) First, you needs regular cycle with proper ovulation. Progesterone pill (D16 to D25) and other supportive treatment may be required in this case to regularize your monthly cycle. As you are trying to get pregnant, then you should stop taking GINETTE 35 pill because it acts as a contraceptive pill. 2) For proper ovulation, you may need to take ovulation induction drugs like Clomiphene from D2 of her cycle. Serial follicular study (D12 to D16) is useful to monitor ovulation or you can use ovulation prediction kit (LH kit) to track down ovulation time in the middle of each cycle. 3) You have to do regular unprotected sex close to your ovulation day (14 days prior to actual due date) or (11th to 19th days of each regular 28 to 30 days cycle) to maximize the chance of pregnancy. 4) Both of you must take a healthy balanced diet with more fresh fruits and vegetables. Low carbohydrate diet is preferable. Take vitamin-E and folic acid supplements for 3 months in preconception period and there after. 5) Do light to moderate exercise for physical fitness and to reduce or control body weight. Avoid mental stress completely by regular meditation/ yoga. Maintain a healthy life style. Hope, above information is quite helpful to you. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: What causes early periods and infertility? 11 minutes later
Thanks for the information,but since from starting my periods are irregular..For getting pregnent is it necessary to take medicine..Do I have to rely on medication.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: PROGESTERONE PILL IS MUCH USEFUL. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for follow up query. YES, you need to take Progesterone pill and supportive medication (as mentioned above) to get regular period. It also helps to regularize your ovulation and your chance of pregnancy will be increased to some extent. Control body weight and follow previous guideline to get effective result. Combined OCP is very much useful to get regular period. However, it DOESN'T let you pregnant due to contraceptive effect. Kindly, consult with your doctor for complete prescription. Hope, I have guided you properly. Kindly, close the discussion. All the best and good luck. Regards, Dr Soumen