What causes early morning headaches?

Having headache past 3-4 days, in early morning once I get awake having the problem. more is on left side n even eye is getting strained, back side of head is also paining. past 3-4 days having problem. No medication taken till date nor did approached doctor
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Prasad 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Try analgesic drugs... Detailed Answer: Hi, This type of headache may be related to sinus issues or an acute exacerbation of migraine/tension headache. If the headache is not very severe you can try pain killers. I prescribe my patient naproxen tablets for such headaches. These are prescription only medicines. Your doctor/pharmacist will know about it. A CT scan is advisable if the headache is very severe and not bearable. If these headaches are a recurring issue, you need to consult a doctor and learn about its cause. Treating the cause can be the key to prevent such headaches. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards Regards
Follow-up: What causes early morning headaches? 44 minutes later
thank you doctor for your reply, headache is not severe and i had never faces sinus problem, are there any supplement or alternate medication apart from the medicine you suggested. kindly advise.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Pain medicine is the primary medication... Detailed Answer: At this point of time the primary aim is to reduce pain. Therefore my suggestion to use pain medication. As I said earlier, we need to plan further treatment after confirming the cause of this headache. If it is not sinus related, it may be related to migraine, tension headache or even refractory error. Your local doctor will know about these conditions. I would also advise you to eat regular food; never miss meals. Sleep well atleast for 6-8 hours a day. Regards
Follow-up: What causes early morning headaches? 2 minutes later
Will surely follow your advise doctor and if any concern will come back to you. Thank You once again for your revert.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You are welcome... Detailed Answer: I wish you a speedy recovery. Please close this discussion if you have no more questions for now. You can post your concern to me in future through WWW.WWWW.WW Regards