What causes ear pain?

ENT Specialist
hi this is XXXXXXX I had been to kashmir last week and my ear is paining since I am back .I think it is becoz of cold can you tell me what should I apply any drop or some thing.
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get ent consultation Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX You might be having eustachian tube dysfunction ie a tube connecting middle part of ear and back of nose. Tube dysfunction is more after cold and even more If you took air flight . I prescribe to my patients antibiotics like augmentine or roxithromycin , oral decongestants with antihistaminics like Sinarest or Nasorest plus. In addition nasal decongestant drops like xylometazoline . you must consult an ENT specialist to get ear examined for wax and medicines . It take few days for ear blockage to go. In doubt do reply