What causes ear ache, upper body ache, swollen throat and cold sores on lips?

My boyfriend is having a problem on the left side, tenderness on his head, ear aching, throat hurts when he swallows, upper body aches, swollen gland in throat and cold sores on lip an below. Can you please give us an idea of what this may be?
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi, The symptoms your boyfriend is having are typically common cold unless there are other health issues not reported. He is also having infection of the throat and ear. I suggest to - get him rest - take OTC pain killers like ibuprofen or mephenamic acid - drink more water and tea (I always recommend linden tea) - get checked by an ENT specialist to start antibiotic (orally) and ear drops. Hope it answered to your inquiries! If you have more questions, feel free to ask me again at the follow up. Dr.Sejdini