What causes dull pain under the left arm and in the armpit?
User rating for this question
Hello! I am a 32-year-old woman, 5'6" tall, 210 pounds. I am experiencing a dull achy pain under my left arm and into my armpit. My resting heart rate is around 70 to 75, and my blood pressure is generally on the lower side. I occasionally have a resting heart rate in the 90s, generally right before bed. heart disease does not run in my family, but I've been a little concerned lately because I'm in my 30s now and I don't take very good care of myself. I haven't been eating too horribly and I'm trying to lose weight, but most of my exercise comes from keeping up with a tiddler and cleaning house. I have some pretty serious anxiety issues as well... Should be concerned?
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 11 days later
Brief Answer: Further cardiac tests are needed... Detailed Answer: Hi, Your symptoms do not indicate any serious heart problem. However, you should run some cardiac tests to exclude heart issues including: - EKG - cardiac echo - Holter monitoring - abdominal ultrasound If everything is ok with your heart and GI tract, then, it might be related to anxiety or neuro-muscular pain. At the end, conducting a healthy lifestyle and diet regimen can also help reduce your symptoms. Hope it was of help! Dr.Benard
People also viewed
- What causes mild heart attack
- Is skin rash, hives, or itching a side effect of vicoprofen?
- What causes pain in back and under left arm
- Does insomnia cause heart attacks
- Heart attack symptoms chest pain
- What causes heart attack symptoms
- Is sudden, wide mood swings a side effect of carbamazepine?
- What causes dull pains in inner arms
- Is swelling of feet or lower legs a side effect of zanaflex?
- What cause sudden rib pain under the left arm
- What causes chest pain under arm
- Dull arm pain what could the cause be
- Is pain when eating or swallowing a side effect of alvesco?
- Sudden death by heart attack
- Is unusual bleeding or bruising a side effect of aldactone?