What causes dull aches in forehead with strage smell and taste sensation?

Hi I have been having dull heaches at the frontal part of the head, with also fatigue and i can keep smelling a funny smell and can taste the smell at the back of my mouth.
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Causes to forehead aches and general fatigue. Detailed Answer: Hi, I am sorry for the pain you are feeling. The most probable causes could be: - sinusitis - premenstrual syndrome - an early pregnancy if sexually active - emotionally involved/stressed out - anemia If you are having sinusitis, it should be treated through a course of oral antibiotics. In case of being work-overloaded and/or stressed out, should try to cope with stress. You are also mentioning to have under-reactive thyroid in your medical history, for which, I suggest to keep monitoring thyroid hormones levels and complete blood profile for anemia. All the best! Dr.Klerida
Follow-up: What causes dull aches in forehead with strage smell and taste sensation? 26 minutes later
Hi, I don't think its my sinus as i have no blocked nose, or green discharge. Also i have had a urine dip test done yesturday and its showing i have traces of blood! it read +25 is this something that needs investigating? my protein level had a trace but nothing higher. Also as mentioned earlier i have this strange smell and test in my mouth? Regards, XXXX
Brief Answer: Possible causes to strange smell/taste... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for following up. If the urine dip test showed traces of blood and protein, they are indicative for: - urinary tract infection (UTI) - kidney stones for which you should start an immediate therapy with oral antibiotics, cranberry/uva ursi supplement and fern stone tea. With regards to the strange smell and test in your mouth, as mentioned earlier, it might be related to : - UTI - early pregnancy - premenstrual syndrome - gastric problems (gastritis/GERD). I'd suggest to do a simple pregnancy test if you are at the 10th day after your due date to exclude pregnancy if you are sexually active. If not pregnant, I advise to start taking: - antiacids - have regular meals - avoid spicy, citrus and other foods/drinks that can aggravate the stomach complains - drink more water At the end, it is important to consult with your physician for further evaluation and proper treatment for UTI. Wish fast recovery! Dr.Klerida