What causes dry foreskin with itching on penis?

i have cracks on my fore skin on pinnies, whats the reason? its very itching and little pain full..
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Looks like fungal infection. Detailed Answer: Hello, Dry foreskin with itching is commonly seen with fungal infections. Use of anti-fungal creams in most of my patients clears off the symptoms , so give it a try . And importantly keep this area clean and dry. Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts. Regards.
Follow-up: What causes dry foreskin with itching on penis? 11 hours later
Thanks Doctor.. I have been keeping the area clean and have shower twice a dayusing nebasulf and Neosporin Powder, should i continue the same or is there any cream to apply daily.. await your advise..
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Use of antifungal cream would be more desired. Detailed Answer: Many anti-fungal and antiseptic cream combinations are available. You can try one of those for more better results. Your pharmacist can help you choose this product over the counter. Regards