What causes dry cough with change in voice and pain in one side of head?
User rating for this question
Dry cough, change in voice, ct scan done Pns axial as well as coronial sections, pain in left side of jaw going to head through ear what can be the reason Impression in ct scan is dns towards left side, hypertrophied b/l inferior nasal turbines, doctor suggested 5 day course for augmentin and cheston.
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: seems like a laryngopharyngitis Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. A short history of dry cough with change in voice can be an allergy or acute infection in larynx and pharynx. An antibiotic cover with mucolytic and bronchodilator and omeprazole with prokinetic should help. Your doctor is treating you on these lines. You can add a Capsule Omez DSR to what you are taking. Take steam along with. Cheston contains antihistaminic which you in my opinion should not take for long and should shift to a syrup like Ascoril if the cough persists. CT scan findings are showing nothing acute in it. The changes are which are a long standing thing. These findings will not change your present line of treatment. Please also add nasal decongestant drops and these will keep your sinus openings and Eustachian tube open which can be a cause of pain. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
People also viewed
- Trouble in swallowing choking breathing difficulty swollen throat suggestions
- Does vb7 forte helps in alopecia treatment
- Throat pain sore throat fever taken paracetamol cure
- Follihair tablet for alopecia
- Dry cough causing servere pain in chest and back
- Why do alopecia hurt
- What causes dry cough after fever
- Dizziness nausea due to labyrinthitis fatigue a normal symptom
- What causes a dry cough
- Throat pain difficulty swallowing using cold lazer on shoulder
- Overproduction of mucus after removal of tonsils and adenoids reason
- Marijuana for alopecia treatment
- Diet in alopecia universal
- What causes dry cough with headaches and leg cramps
- Melatonin causes dry cough?