What causes double vision,migraines,numbness and tingling with thining of nails?

I have intermittent double vision, migraines, 2 episodes of having numbness & tingling in the right side of my body. In the last year I've also gotten more emotional, my nails are thinning and peeling, my hair has changed from fine, straight and full to (according to my hair dresser) coarse, breaking off and now I've lost 30% of it. I'm not perimenopausal, they checked already.
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Consult a Neurologist and an Endocrinologist Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. The provided information is suggestive of certain possibilities, such as, 1. A variant of migraine, called Ocular migraine. Constant anxiety, panic reactions and labile emotions are most potent triggers of Migraines. It is also highly possible that you may be suffering from Tension-headaches, which mimic migraine attacks. 2. Thyroid Problem, either due to under-functioning thyroids or 3. A lesion in the Pituitary gland, located under the brain hemispheres. Migraines with possible associated nausea/vomiting, emotional lability, repeated occurrence of intermittent double vision and one-sided numbness + tingling; and, features suggestive of hypothyroid problem are strongly suggestive of a lesion in the Pituitary gland. In my vast clinical practice, I have treated thousands of Migraine patients and found that a 6-12 months' regular course of a combination of an anti-depressant + an anti-anxiety drug + Propranolol has a cure rate of more than 90%. This treatment will ALSO cure your anxiety/depression completely. I therefore, strongly recommend that you get, at the earliest, an MRI scan of the Brain (for evidence of Pituitary lesion, if any); Thyroid Function tests and other relevant tests, as decided by your doctor. Consult a neurologist (and, possibly an Endocrinologist) and apprise them of my opinion. I am certain that they will agree with my opinion; order required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal