What causes dizziness when on medication?

Question
I HAVE TWO TIMES THAT THE ROOM WAS SPINING AND I GOT LGHT HEADED. IT ONLY LAST A FEW SECONDS.ONE OF MY MEDICATIONS WARNS OF DIZZYNESS. WHAT IS WRONG?
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: No major issue to be so bothered. Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, It is possible that this could be due to one of the medications. However, a few things must be considered first before coming to this conclusion. This could be attributed to the drug if it is the very first time you are on this medications. In case you have not recently changed the drug, increased the normal dosage or route of administration, timing or conditions under which you take the drug, it might be difficult to attribute this feeling to the drug. Other common conditions like transient hypoglycemia or low blood pressure can still present as such. This is still very unlikely in this case since it only lasted a few seconds. A rapid change of position, from a standing to a sitting, or sitting to standing can cause one to have this feeling of the room turning. This is generally what causes this feeling most of the time. The fact that this is not a usual feeling you had, and that it lasted a few seconds, in my humble opinion, should not bother you much. However, you might have to watch out if this repeats itself, or it becomes longer in durations or other disturbing new symptoms set in. I do not think you need to bother changing your drugs or dosages at this point. Be cool and take your drugs normally, follow normal lifestyle recommended guides. Be cool as I wish you the best of health. Kind regards. Dr Bain