What causes dizziness, weakness and shortness of breath ?

hi is a heart rate of 54bpm normal im am 5ft11 286 pounds i am feeling week fatige shortness of breath and a little dizzy and jittery whats the problem and what should i do?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later

A heart beat of 54 bpm is not something to be worried about if it is a regular heart rate with no palpitation.
Dizziness, weakness and shortness of breath can be there due to multiple reasons but at your age there are three possibilities that are coming to my mind-
1. Anaemia- reduced blood hemoglobin levels. This can be ruled out by getting a complete blood picture done.
2.Cardiac problem- Missing heart beats are one of the common causes of dizziness or it might happen due to some irregularities in the cardiac impulse. This can be ruled out on having an ECG done.
3.Weakness, any infections in the recent past, lack of proper regular meals, as a side effect of some medicines, etc.
All these factors will have to be ruled out with the help of your physician to come to the actual problem for treatment.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.