What causes dizziness in the morning when on Quinapril for rumatoid arthritis?

HI I am taking 1quinapril a day for a long time I have rumatoid arthritis but never taken drugs for that and do not have a lot of actual pain However I have very stiff legs and was having bad cramp in the morning Magnesium tablet seems to have delt with that . I feel weary all the time no energy and just recently have a dizzie head when I put my head down when getting out of bed . I also take coemzyme q10 vitamin E red krill oil tablet when I read of the symptons from taking the Quinaprill I wonder what could replace it My Dr is happy with my BP each time it is checked every 3 mths but I always wonder about the side effects and this lethargy regards XXXX
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: no need to worry about this side effect Detailed Answer: Hello, Being a physician I understand your concern about the side effect of medication. But weakness and lack of energy are the rare side effect of this medication. As you are talking about dizziness in the morning, you should talk to your doctor to check your BP both in lying and standing position. Also probably he wants to rule out any neurological disorder, if problem persists For stiff legs and cramps, you need to do some exercises of leg after discuss with any physiotherapist. Hot water fomentation, keep yourself hydrated are the other options which can help you Hope this will help to ease your anxiety and concern about medication But if you need any further assistance, please donot hesitate...