What causes dizziness and shortness of breath with exertion?

I was sick with broncitus over thanksgiving. Since I have been tired ans weak especially in my legs and arms. I get dizzy and short of breath with exertion. I a. 63 years old and have always been relatively healthy. What coul cause this and what should I do for I it.
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Proper evaluation is required. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through your query, I would like to comment the following: 1. You may be having symptoms of cough and breathlessness. If this is the first episode of such complaints then investigations like chest xray,PFT, sputum examination and blood counts are required. A clinical evaluation by a pulmonologist is recommended for the same. 2. Also how is your blood pressure currently? As uncontrolled Blood pressure may also lead to breathlessness. 3. Primarily a course of antibiotics is required for bronchitis and if hyperresponsive airways are associated then bronchodilators -oral as well as inhaled are required. If there is associated cold then anti histaminic oral medications with nasal sprays may be added. 4. Thus you need to get evaluated by a Pulmonologist in detail. I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries. Regards Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra MBBS MD DNB Consultant Pulmonologist