What causes dizziness and red spots with a history of heart attack?

Husband felt dizzy and saw red spots YYYY@YYYY
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 3 hours later
Brief Answer: This can be transient ischemic attack. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to health care magic I reviewed the history. He is 69 years old elderly male with history of stent following heart attack and cancerous growth at the GE junction. The complaints of dizziness and seeing red spots are usually related to decreased blood supply to brain. The causes can be Hypoglycemia resulting in decreased blood sugars causing the above symptoms. Decreased oxygen supply because of decreased hemoglobin as in anaemia or because of vadoconstriction as in hypertension The last but commonest in this age group is reduced blood supply as in carotid artery stenosis common in elderly people. This is called as transient ischaemic attack. Hence I advice him to get examination by physician to rule out the above causes and treatment accordingly. Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you. Thank you