What causes dizziness and racing heart beat while taking synthoid?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Been dizzy since yesterday. Blood pressure is 117/90. Last night it was 118/84. Been having pains on left side of chest. I am taking synthoid 150mcg. I had thyroid removed 2000, due to hashimoto disease. All lab work on thyroid levels fine. My heart rate starts to race to 117. My normal heartrate is 58
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Needs further investigation. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. These are fairly general symptoms that could indicate a number of possible causes. It could be related to your heart, you may have an paroxysmal arrhythmia. You may have postural hypotension. This is when your BP drops significantly when you stand. The symptoms of dizziness coupled with chest pain does need some investigation. Therefore, I suggest you see your doctor. It would be impossible to be more specific than this at this stage. Your investigations attached are mostly normal and those that are not are only slightly outside the normal ranges. I hope this is of help to you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB FRCA