What causes dizziness and blurred vision?

hello, I get slight dizzy at times but not to where I stagger or faint. and my vision gets blurry at times. what is wrong with me.
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dizziness will resolve, Eye need exam Detailed Answer: Thank you for asking XXXX! I am Dr S Khan and i would like to answer your query for the dizziness and visual blurring episodes. XXXX i want you to know that dizziness/ vertigo is a very common innocuous issue after a cold and flu mostly viral as in your case. The yellow color vouches for that. So no worries it will self resolve.As you are above 60 so i suggest you should visit to an otorhinolaryngologist for the vestibular functions assessment to be on the safer road.meanwhile symptomatic treatment with some meclizine, betahistidines, anticholinergics like glycopyrrolate and scopolamine, some anxiolytics and prokinetics would help. Now the visual blurring may be innocuous age related issue or could be the result of diabetes and hypertension you have. Irrespective of the cause it needs an ophthalmological exam and you should get one. Hope it helps. Take care and close the discussion please. Regards