What causes dizziness after diagnosed with sclc stage iv metastasizes in liver. On steroid and had blood transfusion

Oncologist, Surgical
Hello. Diagnosed with sclc stage iv metastasizes to liver. Just start 4th cycle today of 6 . Today was carboplatin and etopiside. Two weeks ago had to have two blood transfusion and last week chemo was postponed and given short for WBC count as too low. Today I was given capprbopltin, etopiside, and Benadryl and another one before actual chemo I don't remember. Think 4 th drug is a steroid. This time aside from being groggy I felt different. I feel my feet heavy and dizziness when get up. A bit of loss of balance.. Should I be worried. Thought to telling nurse tomorrow before chemo in afternoon, but was worried I should call dr on call. It is very late so do not want to disturb..
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kiran Kannepalli 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: should look for autonomic neuropathy. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for the query. By the symptoms you have mentioned, it must be due to autonomic neuropathy. If you are a diabetic, it is all the more common. Do you have associated headache or vomiting? In case you don't have these symptoms there is no cause for too much worry. The symptoms may be unrelated to your chemotherapy. It will help if you have a good breakfast before you start the chemo. It will reduce your symptoms. In any case just mention it to your doctor the next day. I hope I have answered your query. Please write back in case of further queries.