What causes discoloured excess skin lump on thighs?

I am wondering what i may have going on. I noticed a excess skin lump that is on my thigh that is red with a shiny look of purple and i thought it was pimple at first so i squeezed it and i felt something underneath my skin pop and then all around the bump got bigger and the top cracked and a small amount of clear stuff came out with a tiny bit of blood. but its still the same size it didnt shrink
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query and photograph. It is an epidermal cyst, you have tried to squeeze it which has caused damage to its lining and hence there is increase in swelling. Please apply oint mupirocine twice daily. This will prevent infection and slowly it will heal. If there is no response within a week you myst meet a dermatologist. It can be easily removed with a radio frequency abalator. Let me know if you have any other doubts, Thank you