What causes discolouration of toe nails?

The nail colour of frist leg finger after big toss on both legs are transforming to a different colour (brown red). No pain but would like to seek opinion.
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Nail discolouration , need pictures for diagnosis Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same . Since you are developing a change in the normal nail color, there are two possibilities that I can think off. Such a reddish brown discoloration can occur either due to hemorrhage secondary to nail trauma or it can be due to a fungal infection of the nail . I would like to have a look at the nail condition in order to reach a final diagnosis. Please click some close up pictures of the nail and upload them here on this page . You can also mail them at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul . Also please tell since when did you notice this change in color? Did it develop one by one or in both nails together. Any trauma to the foot in the recent past or wearing any new tight shoes? Any thickening or discoloration of any other toe nail or finger nails? I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the pictures and the above details . Waiting for your response Dr Geetika Paul