What causes diffrence in the testicle size?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
hi i am 13 years old and i have noticed that on of my testicles is double the size of the other
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Description below. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. Generally both the testis are similar in size. Though there could be slight disparity, but never like what you mention. First rule out a hydrocele(accumulation of fluid in side the testicular sac). Then get your correct testicular volume using an orchidometer or an ultrasound. If you had confirmed that both the testis are still differant size, as long as testis is funtioning well, you need not be bothered. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care