What causes difficulty in closing middle finger and ring finger?
User rating for this question
My middle finger and ring finger are hard to close. When I do get them closed they snap back. They are better during the day but stiffen up at night and disrupt my sleep.
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Due to tendonitis. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. After going through the description provided by you, I feel that you might be suffering with Tendonitis and Tenosynovitis which are both types of tendon injury of the fingers. They can often occur together. Tendonitis means inflammation of a tendon and tenosynovitis means inflammation of the sheath that surrounds a tendon. The main symptoms are pain, tenderness stiffness and sometimes swelling of the affected part of the tendon. You need to give it some rest for a while, use hot fomentation twice a day and local ointment for pain relief. Avoid gripping and lifting objects altogether. Keep it in most comfortable position or use a splint/crepe bandage most of the time (including at night) for best results. Watch for worsening of symptoms like increase in pain, appearance of swelling and tingling numbness in fingers. If you get any of these, visit your physician and get a check up done followed by investigations like X ray or MRI. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
People also viewed
- What does semen culture klebsiella pneumoniae indicate
- Is joint pain a side effect of combivent?
- Is joint pain a side effect of letrozole?
- What causes trigger finger
- Is muscle aches a side effect of danazol?
- What would cause fluid in the cervix
- What is the average bp of a male 60 years old
- What causes difficulty in closing middle finger and ring finger
- What to expect when your cherry gets popped
- Is joint pain a side effect of ethambutol?
- What is fl in tiffa the report is showing fl 31 cms
- Causes of swollen ring finger
- What causes cramp in fingers
- Is joint pain a side effect of ferrlecit?
- What causes painful swelling in ring and middle finger