What causes diarrheria with stomach ache?
User rating for this question
My 2 year-11 month old daughter began vomitting Thursday evening. No more vomitting, however diarrhea Fri, Sat, today. No fever symptoms, just tummy ache, not much appetite. I gave her Pediasure today/yesterday + pedialyte today to ensure no dehydration. I figured it was just a flu from daycare, however concerned about 3 days of diarrheria.
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Eric Goldstein 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Diarrhea Detailed Answer: Hello. Thank you for your question. You describe the symptoms of a stomach virus. Very common in children this age. You have done the right thing by making sure she stays well hydrated. The frustrating part, however, is it is hard to predict how long the symptoms of a stomach virus will last. As long as your daughter is otherwise ok, I wouldn't be overly concerned. Maintain her hydration status, tend to any rashes that may develop in the diaper area, and the symptoms will resolve soon and she will be fine.
People also viewed
- What causes diarrheria with stomach ache
- Do baby motion color changes with lactogen
- Chronic pain relief
- Which cerelac for 5 months lactose intolerant baby
- What is the cause of a constant stomach ache
- How many times cerelac can be given to a 6 months old baby
- Osteoarthritis steroid injection
- Back pain relief
- What causes persistent stomach ache
- What causes stomach ache and flatulence
- Venue testosterone cream
- Daily food chart for1yr babies with timings
- What is the cause and treatment for stomach ache
- Intra-articular injection technique
- When the babies start to eat cerelac