What causes diarrheria with stomach ache?
User rating for this question
My 2 year-11 month old daughter began vomitting Thursday evening. No more vomitting, however diarrhea Fri, Sat, today. No fever symptoms, just tummy ache, not much appetite. I gave her Pediasure today/yesterday + pedialyte today to ensure no dehydration. I figured it was just a flu from daycare, however concerned about 3 days of diarrheria.
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Eric Goldstein 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Diarrhea Detailed Answer: Hello. Thank you for your question. You describe the symptoms of a stomach virus. Very common in children this age. You have done the right thing by making sure she stays well hydrated. The frustrating part, however, is it is hard to predict how long the symptoms of a stomach virus will last. As long as your daughter is otherwise ok, I wouldn't be overly concerned. Maintain her hydration status, tend to any rashes that may develop in the diaper area, and the symptoms will resolve soon and she will be fine.
People also viewed
- What causes diarrheria with stomach ache
- Pathophysiology of mottling
- Vomiting stopped but watery loose motion continue
- Content of powergyl oz
- What is the cause of a constant stomach ache
- What causes persistent stomach ache
- Neurologist mrutyunjaya
- What causes stomach ache and flatulence
- Wellbutrin sperm morphology
- Can a 2 year old take mucinex
- Dhc continus found my son
- Continuous sneezing for months
- Taking nordette twice a month
- Is fabric contitioner dangerous when drank
- What is the cause and treatment for stomach ache