What causes diarrhea,gas and vomiting?

Hi, I am a 28 yr old female with a history of IBS. I have been having diarrhea all week with increased gasiness and vomiting. I just passed gas again and wiped and found a large completely white sticky glob that was stretchy and had no scent. It was not like my normal discharge so I don't think it was that and it did not move. Should I be concerned?
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Further lab tests are advised... Detailed Answer: Hi, Having diarrhea, gas, and vomiting for all the week could be related to possible viral infection you might be suffering. With regards to the white sticky and stretchy glob with no scent, it might be related to possible intestinal infection. I highly suggest to run further tests including: - culture of stool for bacteria/candida - examination of stool for ova/parasites - microscopical examination of stool for leukocytes - complete blood profile in order to determine the cause to diarrhea and problems you are having. Depending on the test results, specific treatment will be prescribed. Meanwhile, I advise to: - drink plenty of water - take o.t.c o.r.s to prevent dehydration - take o.t.c tasectan and probiotic for the diarrhea and to optimize the intestinal flora Hope it was of help! Dr.Klerida Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!