What causes diarrhea in my child when she drinks milk other than her mothers?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
sir my child is passing motion whenever she drinks milk when she take feed from her mother she is ok,but whenever she drink outside milk she passes motion,also we have changed to xerolac milk,but the condition is same,usually she passes motion 4 times a day,stool test shows she is ok
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Arun 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Try soya based isomil Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to healthcare magic. If your kid is intolerant to cows milk as well as zerolac , you can try isomil which is a soya based product. Also give plenty of rice based food. Wishing your kid the very best. Regards Dr Arun

Follow-up: What causes diarrhea in my child when she drinks milk other than her mothers? 24 minutes later
Is this a type of alergy or what,she was already taking cow & buffalo milk for last 9 months,but now this has happen,our doctor suggest to take urine & blood test for HB,Also she has suggested bifilac & mintonia

Answered by Dr. Arun 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes, it is. Detailed Answer: Yes it's milk allergy. Hb is to find out if she has anemia which can happen due to prolonged cow milk allergy. It can develop any time, not necessarily immediately after cows milk introduction. Continue bifilac and mintonia as advised. Dr Arun

Follow-up: What causes diarrhea in my child when she drinks milk other than her mothers? 50 minutes later
Is there any basic structural difference between zerolac & isomil.Isomil is not avaialble at nearest loacality.Please suggest some other alternative Please suggest if we need to take HB test & urine test.

Answered by Dr. Arun 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: simyl mct Detailed Answer: Both are soy. But isomil is better. Try simyl mct Hb test can be done as already explained.