What causes diarrhea, burning stomach, itchy hands, hives on feet and swelling of ears?

I have had several episodes over a 4 or 5 year period of being woke up at night with severe diarrhea, severe stomach pains, burning sensation in my stomach, sometimes red itchy hands and feet with hives, itchy feeling in mouth, swelling of ears and tight feeling in face and sometimes fainting. I have had an endoscopy and colonoscopy done about 2 years ago. I have Hashimoto's
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Brief Answer: OPinion of allergist useful Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, It is important in the first place to know if you got any medical allergy to anything like food, drugs or specific climatic conditions. A family history of allergies is also worth noting. The descriptions fits a general allergic condition, with allergen (causative agent) that actually needs to be identified. The characteristics of the diarrhea could also be important. The fact that you experience this for the past five years justifies the fact that you did an endoscopy. In case it was normal, the possibility of a ca tumor of the colon is excluded. However, if it were not normal, it would be worth getting the opinion of a gastroenterologist. It is imperative in my humble opinion to exclude an allergic condition first. The symptoms clearly depict a generalized allergic reaction. I do suggest you get a complete blood count done. the esinophil count, if elevated could give an indirect guide towards the possibility of an allergic reaction. Measuring blood IgE (Immunoglobulin E) levels could be very diagnostic of a generalized allergic reaction. The opinion of an allergist, coupled with a careful physical examination, medical and family history would be very useful. Consult your primary physician first, to get the suggest tests (complete blood count and IgE levels) dine, as you wait to see an allergist. Do feel free asking follow up questions. I am predisposed to make my humble contribution to your well being. Kind regards as I wish you the best of health. Expecting reading your follow up questions soon if need be. Kind regards. Dr Bain