What causes diarrhea and abdominal ache after a fish dinner?
User rating for this question
Dec 4, I went out for a fish dinner and woke up with diarrhea and severe cramps, and a stomach that made loud gurgling noises for several days. It resolved so I thought, but now I experience mild or dull cramping with an urgency to have bowel movements, they are soft unformed or small and flaky. No blood or mucous present. I am now prone to diarrhea at times. Abdomen ache is in the lower part above bladder or left lower side at times. Never sharp like dec 4 incident just dull.
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Looks like ongoing infection. Detailed Answer: Hello, Your symptoms suggest a ongoing low grade intestinal infection.I would generally like to get stool examination done in cases like yours.A ultrasound can help to evaluate intestinal wall edema. Sea food can sometimes cause parasitic infestations.Stool analysis can help rule out this possibility as well. After investigations treatment with antibiotics and if needed anti parasite drugs can be undertaken. Please see your family doctor and get investigations done. Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.
People also viewed
- What causes diarrhea and abdominal ache after a fish dinner
- How do you know if your bun test has protein or blood in your urin
- What is the cause of bleeding after diarrhea
- What causes abdominal pain with diarrhea
- Iodine deficiency and eye swelling
- Is it safe to circumcise during summer
- If we take primolut n and have unprotected intercourse will it lead to pregnancy
- Is it good to drink water after taking meth
- Usages of hipsogem
- Usages of cobadex czs
- Usages of option 72
- Usages of oriel
- Sunday dinner causing diarrhea
- What causes diarrhea after eating
- Usages of rigevidon