What causes depression with severe fatigue?

Is it possible for a psychiatrist to evaluate me and prescribe me medication online? I suffer with depression, severe fatigue, very low energy. All the antidepressants I have tried so far either do nothing, or make my depression worse. I have tried stimulants before like ritalin and addarall and they made such a significant difference. I had energy and could actually function and get things done that needed to be done. I am also in college, and find it very difficult to concentrate on my work, and where I am tired and have no energy all the time, it's very hard for me to get up and actually do my work. The stimulants helped tremendously with that also. It help me do just every day tasks that are so hard for me normally. I have two children, it gave me the energy I need to keep up and take care of them also. I feel like I really need this medicine, but with all the abusers out there, I'm finding it very difficult for a doctor to even listen to me and what I feel I need to help me. I'm just at my witts end! What do I do?
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Depression with ADHD Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. It appears to me that you are having two different illnesses. It seems there is co morbid depression and attention deficit disorder. The fact that the stimulants showed such marked improvemet itself testifies to the fact that it cannot be depression alone. I understand that problems that you are facing while you are trying to get the right medicines. Unfortunately it is the law of land and without getting physically examined it wont be possible to get a prescription from an online doctor. Further you need to have a prescription from the doctor who is licensed to practice in your country specfically. These laws are meant to prevent the drug abuse but unfortunately trouble the genuine users as well. But I dont think that it should be difficult to convince your doctor about the genuine need of yours. Do explain them and stress on the fact that right from childhood you have had symptoms of not being able to focus on whats going around, missing out the deadlines easily, un organized work, difficult to.plan properly, easy distractbility, not able to comolete tasks taken in hand. This will make it more likely for him to consider that you need the stimulants and will help you in getting a prescription. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.