What causes depression and yeast infections at teenage?

i am 15 yrs old. happy in general, straight A's, athletic, 3 varsity sports teams as a female freshman, lots of friends, pretty, supportive parents, and upper middle class, private school.......what is wrong? I have been crying every 2 or 3 weeks for 30 minutes for no reason. my mom thinks it is hormonal complicated by food allergies ( I get yeast infections and unexplained breakouts all the time) . do you think I may just be a hormonal teen? or have bigger issues?
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Normal hormonal changes at your teen-age.. Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, You are only 15 years old and I am glad to know that you are a happy girl, pretty with lots of friends. The reason why you have been crying during these weeks with no reason is related to hormonal changes. It is normal to have such behavior at your age (teen). If the periods have not appeared yet, your humor changes might be also related to hormonal changes as you are being prepared for your monthly period. The yeast infections you have been experiencing are also associated with hormonal changes. I suggest to drink more water and to avoid sugary/oily foods. Do not worry, there is nothing wrong and not a big/serious issue either. Keep on being happy and be socialized. It is great that you have supportive parents, so you can ask them help to overcome such humor changes. Your friends can also assist you. All the best my dear! Dr.Albana