What causes dent at bottom of surgical scar?
User rating for this question
Have old surgical scar that has "dent" at bottom which has become very sore and deep red with red tender skin around it. How do I care for it?
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Can you please attach a photo of it? It would be much easier to help you. What kind of surgery have you had and when was it done? Sometimes after years from the surgery, stitches from tissues under the skin start irritate them. As a result inflammation or even a discharge from the wound can appear. The best way is to ask a surgeon to find this stitch and remove it. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
People also viewed
- What causes dents in arms
- Processus vaginalis and hydrocele
- Aching joints abdominal pain
- Sudden shaking sweating hunger
- Hurt ribs popping noise when moving
- Instead hydrocele problem
- What causes dents in forehead
- Nutrition to reduce hydrocele
- Post surgical scar causes
- Acne abdominal bloating gas missed period fatigue
- Abdominal bloating pain and acne
- Acohol withdrawal abdominal pain
- What causes dent at bottom of surgical scar
- What causes dent in head
- Achy chest pain with abdominal pain