What causes dent and scar on nose tip in cold weather?

Hi, I noticed over the last day or so I have a small dent on the tip of my nose and the center of it seems to have a lighter almost scar colored appearance to it. I don't recall it being there last week. I has been very cold and at first I thought maybe it is a little bit of frost bite. But its kind of strange and I have taken a couple of photos. Thanks
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Possible retracted nose tip.. Detailed Answer: Hello There is a possibility that this retraction of tip of nose might have happened due to fibrosis of dermis. Sometimes an unnoticed injury or a boil leads to fibrosis when lt heals. Let me know whether there was any boil in your nose in recent past. If yes what treatment you took? I would also like to know, do you have acne problem? Waiting for your response. Thank you
Follow-up: What causes dent and scar on nose tip in cold weather? 3 hours later
Hi, No boil or major acne. I don't actually remember the indent being there more than 3 or 4 days. It seems like it appeared suddenly. Could it be caused by being in the subzero temperatures or possibly contact dermatitis? Sometimes my blind cat will rub his mouth against my nose. What else could cause a sudden indent Thanks
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 hours later
Brief Answer: retinol cream Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up. Its not looking like a contact allergy. There is a possibility that there was a sub acute infection which healed leading to fibrosis and indent formation. Don't worry it's not looking severe. I usually advice retinol cream to my patients. It causes peeling of skin and slowly the scar comes out with this. You can try this. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you