What causes delayed periods?
User rating for this question
I'm 36 years old female. I took Modus 10mg twice daily for 5 days during January month and after stopping the medicine I had my mensuration started after 5 days (Jan 30th). My regular cycle is 21 days (ie on 22nd day my mensuration starts). But this month even after 30 days my mensuration haven't started. Stick test confirmed that I'm not pregnant.
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 1 hour later
Brief Answer: repeat pregnancy test Detailed Answer: Dear member, Sometimes hormone treatment in previous cycle can lead to irregular cycles next time. If you are not pregnant you can wait and repeat the pregnancy test say after 3-5 days. If negative then a period may have to be induced with medicines. Your gyneocologist will know about those. If you have repeated delayed cycles then you may require hormone tests Like thyroid profile, FSH to rule out any imbalance. Let me know if you need clarifications. Thanks Dr Bhagyashree.
People also viewed
- What is the cause of delay in period
- What causes delay in periods with cramping
- What could cause delay in periods
- Burrascano bartonella treatment
- Double barrier method
- What is the cause of illness and delaying period
- What is the cause for experiencing delay in periods
- My doctor said i smell like alcohol
- Will alcohol makes cough worse
- Alcoholism and weight loss danger level
- Basal ganglia controls
- Alcohol consumption with no spleen effects
- Chestpain goes away when i drink alcohol
- Hearing heart beat while sleeping
- What is esophageal varices banding