What causes delayed periods?

I'm 36 years old female. I took Modus 10mg twice daily for 5 days during January month and after stopping the medicine I had my mensuration started after 5 days (Jan 30th). My regular cycle is 21 days (ie on 22nd day my mensuration starts). But this month even after 30 days my mensuration haven't started. Stick test confirmed that I'm not pregnant.
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 1 hour later
Brief Answer: repeat pregnancy test Detailed Answer: Dear member, Sometimes hormone treatment in previous cycle can lead to irregular cycles next time. If you are not pregnant you can wait and repeat the pregnancy test say after 3-5 days. If negative then a period may have to be induced with medicines. Your gyneocologist will know about those. If you have repeated delayed cycles then you may require hormone tests Like thyroid profile, FSH to rule out any imbalance. Let me know if you need clarifications. Thanks Dr Bhagyashree.