What causes delayed periods?
User rating for this question
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can take same if pregnancy ruled out. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX She can do hope pregnancy test & if negative, can take same tablets OR Dydrogesterone tablets (which are safe even during pregnancy) for bringing periods. Kindly specify whether you are trying for pregnancy OR otherwise so that further advice can be given. Let me know if you have other concerns. Regards.
Follow-up: What causes delayed periods? 38 minutes later
actually this month we are plan to start baby process, we are waiting period,
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: More details needed. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. From the details you gave in first question, it appears that wife's menstrual cycles are irregular. Kindly provide following details for further guidance. 1. How are wife's menstrual cycles (Regular/irregular) 2. Semen analysis report if already done. I understand that you are about to start trying for baby, so you might not have done semen analysis & it should be OK. Awaiting reply. Regards.
Follow-up: What causes delayed periods? 14 minutes later
last three months irregular, semen test we are not done, we married may 2013., this year only we are going to start baby, l
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Tests required. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. For pregnancy to occur three things are required - Normal semen analysis, regular ovulation (egg formation & rupture) & patent tubes (wife). Irregular menses indicates anovulation in >95% cases, which mostly occurs due to PCOS at this age. Wife if not pregnant needs evaluation & treatment for ovulation. Kindly consult gynecologist/infertility specialist on 2nd/3rd day of next menses (if not pregnant) to get evaluated & treated. Regards.
People also viewed
- Profuse vomiting during pregnancy
- What is the cause of delay in period
- Can metrogyl tab and norflox tz be taken together in loose motions
- Popping sensation in stomach during pregnancy
- What causes delay in periods with cramping
- Is it ok to take vyvanse with loratadine
- White powder in urine during pregnancy
- Can loratadine treat swollen tonsils
- Urin problem during pregnancy
- What could cause delay in periods
- What is the cause of illness and delaying period
- Losartan potassium and nebister taken
- Precautions taken during pregnancy
- What is the cause for experiencing delay in periods
- Loose motion in third trimester is normal