What causes delayed periods?

my wife is 2 weak late to periods, she got her last periods on 25th November, till no signs of periods and all home kit pregnancy tests was negative(checking with urine), done ultrasound scanning on 9th January morning at 10am,, will upload the test report. kindly confirm us if she is a pregnant or something wrong with her due to which periods are late..
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: she is not pregnant Detailed Answer: Hello Sravan, I have read your query and seen the uploaded reports. Your wife is not pregnant. She has a endometrium lining of 17mm and polycystic pattern of left ovary. This is the cause for her delayed period and not pregnancy. Her scan report indicate that there is increased stimulation of the endometrium or the lining of the uterus, along with cysts in the ovary. This simply means a hyperoestrogenic state. If I were her treating doctor, I would prescribe her progesterone pills like Regestrone 10mg thrice daily for five days. Within about 7 to 10 days of stopping the drug, your wife would get her periods. Now, it is important to treat this endometrium and the cystic ovary. Please consult a gynecologist, where in she can go on treatment with hormonal pills to regularize her menstrual cycle. Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have more queries. Regards,