What causes delayed periods when on Primolut N?

i took primolut n when my periods to get more clear menstruation. I had 3 tablets one each day. My periods stopped completely. Please help on how i can go back to my normal menstruation.
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: you will get withdrawal bleeding soon Detailed Answer: Hello, I am sorry; the reason for taking primolut N is not clear. I mean, Primolut N does not cause more clear menstruation. Please let me know the actual reason to take this medicine. It is usually taken to postpone periods. You have had 3 tablets one each day - for how many such days? Let me know this as well. You will get a withdrawal bleeding after 5 to 10 days of stopping the drug. Following which, a new menstrual cycle will start and then continue. Awaiting the response from your end. Regards,
Follow-up: What causes delayed periods when on Primolut N? 28 minutes later
Mt period has been been scanty for a few months. but never delayed. i was only suggested this medicine to get a more clear menstruation. I had got my period on time. i had only 3 tablets for three days. That is one tablet each day 1, 2nd ans 3rd feb. My period began on 1st feb. Just worried about how it will get back to normal.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: wrong prescription Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the details. It seems like you have been prescribed wrongly. Primolut N never causes a clear menstruation. It only post pones the periods. It has nothing to do with the scantiness or quality of menstruation. Also, it is usually not prescribed as one tablet a day. The norm is 2 to 3 tablets a day for 5 days. So, your last period was on 1st Feb. You should get your period before the 10th of march. Please wait and watch for it. You will surely get your periods and it will be normal. But the dates will differ, it will not be on the same date as before. hope this clarifies. Regards,
Follow-up: What causes delayed periods when on Primolut N? 3 minutes later
Thank you doctor. I shall wait. I just grew worried. So i do not need to take any other medication. And do i need to take anything for regulating my periods or for scanty periods. Any natural ingredient based syrups or medication?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: no need to take other medications Detailed Answer: Hello, No, you need not take any other medications now. For scanty periods, we need to look into the cause. If you have a low hemoglobin that is causing this problem, you can take Syrup Orofer XT around 15ml daily for 2 months. You can also take multivitamin supplements like Capsule Cobadex CZS for maintaining good general health. Please do not take any other unnecessary medications. Regards,