What causes delayed periods after tubectomy?

Hello I'm 39 had my tubes tied march of 06 lmp was XXXXXXX 9-11 of 2014 it's now feb15,2014 and there is no signs of it coming.. My cycle usually lasts every 21-26days..I took an home pregnancy test it was negative...any thoughts on wat I should do next..
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Withdrawal bleeding with Norethisterone Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Ms Tubectomy or tying the tubes is a very effective way of family planning. The probability of its failure are very less and cause of delay of periods is unlikely to be due to pregnancy (it's been confirmed by negative home pregnancy test). You can wait a couple of days , if the period still does not occur than withdrawal bleeding can be used by hormonal method. You can use Tablet Norethisterone( Regestrone) 5 mg once a day for 3 days , followed by which withdrawal bleeding will be occur. There is no cause for concern. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD