What causes delayed periods after taking unwanted 72?

I am doing sex my bf 26jan.i was take unwanted 72 after 12 hour. but not come my perid . what is resion
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need more details Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX I need to know more details about your condition to be better able to help you. My questions are as following: - When was your last menstrual period? - How often do you get your periods-after 28 day, 30 day..? - When are you expecting your periods? - Are you on any other medicine? If you think that you may be pregnant, then you will need to confirm it with pregnancy test. Pregnancy test is of two types:urine and blood. Urine pregnancy test kits are available over the counter at most pharmacies and this test can be done at the convenience of your home. Blood test can be done at the laboratory. Waiting for your response. Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: What causes delayed periods after taking unwanted 72? 15 minutes later
my gf last period date is 7 XXXXXXX my gf period start after 28 days I expecting period date 2 feb
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Wait for pregnancy test Detailed Answer: Hi again Since the sexual intercourse date is on 18th day of the menstrual cycle, the chances of pregnancy are there. Taking I-pill is protective. I think she may have delayed period due to stress. Still we need to rule out pregnancy with a pregnancy test. The pregnancy test can be taken around 4 - 5 days after missed periods to be sure. Before this time it may be mildly positive or falsely negative (if pregnancy is there). Thus it is better to wait for 4 - 5 days and then do the pregnancy test. You can discuss the report with me or with your doctor. Hope it helps. Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: What causes delayed periods after taking unwanted 72? 1 hour later
if period not coming of 4-5 days.what can I do .
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Two options after 4 - 5 days Detailed Answer: Hi again After 4 days, take pregnancy test. Next management depends on the report of pregnancy test. If the test is negative, that is no pregnancy, then she can take a 5 day course of progesterone hormone under supervision of a gynecologist. It will result in withdrawal bleed, that is periods. If the test is positive, then it is your choice whether to have the baby or not. If not then there are medicines available that can result in abortion. These medicines are also better taken under supervision of a gynecologist. In any case there should not be any worry. Take care Dr Vaishalee