What causes delayed periods after taking hormonal pills?

May 2013
Hello, I have been advised by my Gynecologist to take Dronis 20 - a contraceptive pill for 25 days.. then stop it for 5 days and restart again. But after I stopped the pill, I did not get my periods immediately. Only on the 4 day I got it. So should I still go ahead and restart the medicine on the 5th day or wait for a couple of more days?
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Start second pack after 5 days gap Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. After stopping the hormonal pills the time of onset of withdrawal bleeding can vary from cycle to cycle. But the second pack should be started after 5 days gap irrespective of withdrawal bleeding. So now after completing five days gap on 6th day you can start your new pack. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the response, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.