What causes delayed periods after taking I-pill?

hi.. i had ecotopic pregnancy in the year 2011.. it has been 3 n husband dont want baby this year... my periods date is estimate between 25-28...we had intercourse on 1st feb...we use condom but this time condom got tore...i was affraid but i took ipill with 5-6 hours... today i did home pregnancy test and was negative...but i still not got my periods... plz suggest !!
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: hormonal imbalance Detailed Answer: Hello, After taking ipill you should have got withdrawal bleeding within 3weeks. If you havent then its due to hormonal imbalance. If the home pregnancy test is negative, then pregnancy can be ruled out. Wait another week or so. If you dont get your period, then see a doctor for medicines to get your period.
Follow-up: What causes delayed periods after taking I-pill? 7 minutes later
can u plz suggest me medicine to get my periods?? n plz also let me know as i should not worry for ecotopic pregnancy? do ecotopic pregnancy show positive results in home test?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: wait and watch Detailed Answer: Firstly, in ectopic pregnancy, urine test will show positive also. Having said that, there is always a higher chance of repeat ectopic after the first one. Before taking any medicines, pregnancy has to be ruled out. If you have had a bleed after taking ipill, then we need to find out why. Wait another 7- 10 days. Repeat the pregnancy test if you dont get any bleeding. Rule out ectopic with an ultrasound. If all is negative then you will need medicine to get your period. This is likely to be due to an hormonal imbalance. Tab deviry 10 mg twice a day for 5 days.
Follow-up: What causes delayed periods after taking I-pill? 5 minutes later
i have not got bleed after taking's home pregnancy test was also wat you suggest should i take the medicine you mentioned here or i should wait for few more days???
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: wait Detailed Answer: Dont take it yet. Wait and watch like i have suggested above. Repeat the test after 10 days. Then do an ultrasound. Only then take the medicine i prescribed. Give your menses to come naturally.