What causes delayed period after taking Morning after pill?

Hi. I took the morning after pill December 8th, an hour after unprotected sex. I started bleeding 3 days later and it lasted 3 days. I should've gotten my next period by now but other then slight cramping here and there I've had no signs of my next period coming. I've taken 6 at home pregnancy tests all negative and they were all taken 10 days after i took the morning after pill and at different times not all at once. I've also checked my cervix which is low hard and open and I have a thick cervical mucus. Could I be preganant?
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Dalayed period due to morning after pill. wait wee Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It is very usual to get delayed period after taking Morning after pill. In turn stress is one of the factor which also contributes to the delayed period. As you all HPT are negative, nothing to worry about pregnancy. Please wait for a week and recheck the HPT after a week. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.