What causes delayed language skill in a child?

My 3+ years old daughter does not do proper conversastion wth us.she learns and recites very fast,understands all that we say,bt replies if she wishes.doesnt frame proper sentences.doesnt respond and remains busy wth herself most of the time if we ask her something.
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Milestones are on par.Can be early ADHD Detailed Answer: Hi.Thanks for writing on XXXXXXX Your daughter has attained her milestone on par with other kids of her age group.However being unable to or carry out instructions, not conversing properly, keeping herself engaged for most of the time can be due to early stages of Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder(ADHD) due to presence of inattentiveness -which is quiet common in preschool children.I would suggest you to meet a Psychiatrist so that she can be evaluated. I hope this answers your query. Thanks.