What causes delay in my periods?

Hi doc.... i hav a question... on the 3rd of XXXXXXX i and my fieance made love... and accidently hs semen spilt ova ma vagina opening... i washed it immideately... iam a lil worried.. i was suppose to get my periods on the 14th of XXXXXXX .. and i havnt yet got it... are there any probablities that i culd get pregnent coz of this!!! I know i should i hav been a lil carefull... bt, u pls advise... i need help... thanks..
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: pregnancy unlikely Detailed Answer: Hello Shruvinu, I have read your query. If it is only semen spill over the vagina, and if it has not entered the inside of your vagina, then the chances of pregnancy are very unlikely. However, if you are unsure of the entire act or if you believe some of the semen would have entered your vagina, then there are chances for pregnancy. For now, I would suggest you to relax for a few days and wait for your periods to happen normally. You can wait until 20th XXXXXXX for your periods. If you do not get it by this date, please do a home urine pregnancy test. Let me know if you need further help. Regards,