What causes decreased urine flow with lower abdominal pain and diverticulitis?

Apr 2014

I have had lower abdominal pain for three days bladder test is clear, I do have diverticulitis , amm taking 2 antibiotics, but today I amm noticeing not much urine flow, and I am drinking water. Any ideas
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Ultrasonography of abdomen is important for you. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Lower abdominal pain may be due to many reasons. You need proper clinical examination and investigations. It is important to know that what bladder test has been done. You need investigations like routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,urine RE/ME,Ultrasonography of abdomen,CT Scan can be done if needed. Ultrasonography can exclude many conditions. You are rightly taking antibiotics and drinking water. Pain may be due to diverticulitis but other causes like appendicitis,UTI etc also need exclusion. You should consult your surgeon. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX